Monday, July 21, 2008

What are you cooking???

We sat, the four of us, cuddled on the couch doing some channel surfing. The remote landed on Iron Chef America as it had several times before and getting disgusted with the fact that nothing was on, I threw the remote to the table and sat half-contentedly watching the cooking show with my family. Don't get me wrong. I love Iron Chef...but this was a rerun that I had seen at least twice!

So we sat there. Teensy cuddled up in the crook of dear hubby's legs, my head next to hubby's and Bubba curled up with his head resting on my leg. We sat and watched Battle Rabbit and made commentary about the pieces of the rabbit that were being used in the dishes. That is until Bubba stopped us all in our tracks.

The chef was busy preparing dishes with every part of the rabbit in front of him. Whe he got to the kidneys, he used a sharp knife to cut off the membrane end. Bubba exclaimed in all seriousness...

"Look, Mom, rabbit nuts!"

Yep. My seven year-old little man really thought that the Iron Chef was going to serve up the rabbits nether regions right next to the small rack-of-rabbit ribs on the plate. Yeah. That's cuz my little man seldom gets anything remotely gourmet to eat at home...well except for the Zatarain's Jambalaya that comes in a box. It's pretty gourmet sounding anyway. :)

No comments: