Friday, May 2, 2008

Where the hell did Spring go???

Am I wrong? It is May 2nd. Doesn't that mean that it's spring? WTF!!! This is what it looks like outside of my house this morning and let me tell you, it ain't pretty!! Yep. It's a blizzard! The power went off about a million times since yesterday morning and there is about 18 inches of snow on the ground at this moment. The Interstate is closed, schools are closed, every business in town is probably closed...so here we sit at home having a SNOW DAY AT THE BEGINNING OF MAY!!! What in the hell is wrong with this picture!?!?!

When I woke up this morning (to the sound of the phone ringing---it was my mom telling us that schools were closed! Yeah, duh! I mean, thanks, Mom. We appreciate the heads up!) the dogs needed to get out to go pee. I opened the back door just to find that the screen door WOULDN'T OPEN!!! I couldn't get them to jump out through the window (although I really did try!!!) so we all got bundled up (at 7:30 in the freaking morning!) to go out and shovel a path for the dogs to get to their peeing area. Believe it or not, we actually had a lot of fun out there in the snow even though it was so deep that Teensy couldn't really walk, Bubba lost a glove and we not only had to clean a path for the dogs but we also had to shovel off the trampoline because the snow was so heavy and wet that the springs were stretched to capacity!!! Sucky!The kids playing in the snow (above). Dear hubby getting out the shovel (below).

Here's my puppies...

Akira is so small that the snow covered her right up. She was so cold she was shivering!




Lasey hopped around in it like she was a rabbit! By the time we all went in, you would have thought she was a white dog instead of a black one!!!

So yeah, I guess that snowflakes are little things, right??? Just wait until you hear how I ruined dinner last night!!! For now I will be getting off this computer in case the power goes off again!!!

Keep looking for the little things!!! And send some Springtime sunshiny thoughts our way so that we can melt all of this white shit!

No comments: