Monday, August 10, 2009

Recording a life…

I started this blog as a way to record my life.  So that I may, later on, have something to look back upon to remember the events and happenings of my life.  I have failed at keeping up with that purpose lately.  I have excuses.  Numerous excuses for why I haven’t blogged at all but every excuse lost it’s weight completely as I stood in my little sister’s dining room looking over her shoulder at the computer screen.  She clicked onto my blog and said, “I always look…and nothing ever changes.”  I felt instantly bad.  Here she is, sitting in Italy with her three children and a husband who is about to be deployed on his goodness-only-knows-how-many tour of the Middle East and I have been lax at the best way to communicate with her, at least, the best way to let her in on the everyday lives of us over here on the other side of the world.  So I will put all my reasons aside and get back to the purpose of this blog while adding a new twist. 

Sissy Pissy…I’ll try to keep up on the every day around here so that you have something to occupy those two minutes of downtime you get every once in a while and to help keep you sane.  After all, I got you into blogging, I might as well set a good example.  :)

So, back to the point of this blog.  I want to record my life.  The big and the little.  The good and the not so good.  I want to write it all down to help me remember.  That is also why I scrapbook.  To leave a legacy.  To remember my life and let others know about the life that I have lived.  And right now my office is non-existent, my scrapbook supplies are goodness knows where and it will take weeks to get my pictures back from the printers, so I was thinking that I could get it all written down here.  The whole trip that we just took to Germany, in one place, with pictures and narrative so that I don’t forget a thing when I go to put it all in the scrapbook.

And so that my sister can hear about the trip that took me to seven countries in 14 days!  So stay tuned for the rundown.  :) 

2 comments:

Lora said...

I miss you, but understand.

We will be here for you when you are ready to get back into writing yourself down again!

Unknown said...

awe sissy!!! I hope you know there is no better way I would want to spend my two minutes of down time!!! Can't wait to read about your trip and see pictures, still patiently waiting.....LOL.....