Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Review of the year from a forgetful mind...

A Year in Review 
(for list making Tuesday a day late...again!)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I took my family to Disney World.

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Um probably not considering that I don't even remember making any. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, kinda.  A friend gave birth to her first little girl. 

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just stayed in the United States. 

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Time, money and friendships.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
May 22.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I lived through it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not saving enough money for the trip to Germany next year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Unless having a root canal redone counts, no I have not.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our minivan and the kids Christmas presents.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My husband's whole family...and Teensy for getting a Citizen of the Month Award.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Parents around me who paid no attention to the actual needs of their children. 

14. Where did most of your money go?
The Disney World trip, my teeth, my van and my credit cards.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Disney World, getting my tattoo, and seeing both Carlos Mencia this year and Jeff Dunham next year. 

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
There isn't really one in particular I don't think for this year as a whole.  Certain parts have certain theme songs.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder,thinner/heavier,richer/poorer?
Sadder, fatter and poorer...wow what a depressing question!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Hug and talk to my MIL, listen to grandma's stories and written grandpa more.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating and gaining weight, slacking off and being lazy.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Eve with my mom and stepdad, morning at home with the kids, afternoon with Hubby's Family, night with some friends.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Probably Lady K or Josie or else texting my Hubby.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No.  Well, yes.  With the comedy of Carlos Mencia!

23. How many one night stands in this last year?
None. 

24. What was your favourite TV program?
House, Gossip Girl, Fringe, Priveleged.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.  I am over hatred for anyone in my life.

26. What was the best book(s) you read?
The newest Janet Evanovich from the Stephanie Plum Series, "Sunday's at Tiffany's" by James Patterson and "Dirty" by Megan Hart.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The lyrics to "White Flag" and that Tonic Sol Fa had a new CD coming out.

28. What did you want and get?
A kick ass tattoo and a family vacation to a magical land.

29. What did you want and not get?
A laptop computer, a Nintendo DS, peace and quiet, an escape, and a million dollars.

30. What were your favourite films of this year?
I saw Twilight and thought it was the most amazing love story that I had seen on film.  That is this year's favorite for me. 

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 on my birthday and I had a good time but I don't remember what I did. 

32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A big fat savings account and plane tickets in my hand for Germany.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I have discovered thermal shirts and camisoles in every imaginable color worn on every day of the week. 

34. What kept you sane?
Absolutely nothing.  Well, Lady K and my hubby kept me sane most of the time. 

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
They guy who plays Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl and Dr. Gregory House. 

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The ban on same sex marriages in California and Florida and the election of Barrack Obama. 

37. Who did you miss?
Josie...more than I can express.  And my MIL...rest in peace. 

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I cannot remember meeting any new people, I guess.  Except the readers of my blog because they are awsome!  When they come out of lurkerdom that is.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Families must stick together in times of crises.
Children are going to grow up no matter how much you hope, pray, and wish they don't.
Do not trust the dogs outside on their own when the blizzard has piled snow over top of the fences.  They won't come back. 
Wear a seatbelt...no matter what.
You can't decide on people's lives for them.  Everyone must make their own decisions.
Do not touch the hard candy in the pan moments after you have poured it.  It hasn't set up yet, is over 300 degrees and will burn your finger. 
Calendars are essential items to keep track of the kids comings and goings...but don't update themselves.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"And you asked me what I want this year, and I'll try to make this kind and clear, just a chance that maybe we'll find better days."

No comments: