Seeings as how the universe seems to be a-crapping upon my head again, I decided to try a Happiness Lesson exercise that Princess suggested. Let's see how this goes.
5 Things I am Grateful I'm NOT...
1) I am grateful I am not dead. Yeah. That sounds like a good one. I am glad that I am not stuck in a pine box somewhere rotting away while the worms wait to get into my eye sockets.
"The worms crawl in. The worms crawl out. The worms play pinochle on your snout. They eat your eyes. They eat your nose. They eat the jelly between your toes..."
2) I am grateful that I am no longer stuck inside of my house without a possible way to escape from the maddening sounds of children running across the floors.
3) I am grateful that I am not sitting in the dentist chair at this moment getting my root canal re-done. That is next Thursday. But at least it's not today.
4) I am grateful that I am not in a bad relationship or dealing with a break-up, divorce or other type of separation. I hate watching what that does to the hearts of people around me.
5) I am grateful that I am not sick. Like sick with a disease which is inoperable or incurable in any way. I don't like to be feeling yucky.
5 Things I'm Thankful I AM...
1) I am thankful I am living in America.
2) I am thankful I am a mother of two wonderful children.
3) I am thankful I am free to write a blog about whatever I choose to write about.
4) I am thankful I am a woman.
5) I am thankful I am loved.
5 Things I will do to make Someone else happy this week...
1) I will do my duties as a Girl Scout Leader and Service Unit coordinator to the best of my ability to make the girls happy.
2) I will text my husband loving messages to make him smile, thus making him happy.
3) I will do my job to the best of my ability to make my boss happy.
4) I will read to my kids and tuck them into bed and play with them to make them happy.
5) I will visit my mom and listen to her tell the stories of her trip to make her happy.
5 Things I will do this week to make ME happy...
1) I will write in my blog eery single day making myself happy by allowing myself to feel the accomplishment of a week of NaBloPoMo completed.
2) I will continue to make my home office look amazing, thusly making myself feel good when I am in that room.
3) I will smile more and frown less in the hopes that it will send happy messages to my body.
4) I will take a picture of something beautiful and inspiring.
5) I will write some on a story.