Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Edition...who are you?

Here we go again! The Christmas season is upon us and you all know how much I love these survey things. So here is the Christmas Edition of one. Enjoy!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? To wrap...whichever fits the present better. To receive...beautiful wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Fake? I wouldn't be allowed to be a member of this family if I said fake tree. The truth is that I adore the annual tree hunting expeditions we go on.
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we get the time after we finally get it picked out.
4. When do you take the tree down? When it's too dry to leave up any longer!
5. Do you like eggnog? Not even a tiny bit. I hate the smell, the look...heck, I even hate having it in my fridge!
6. Favorite Christmas dinner drink? Sparkling cider or Sparkling grap juice served in wine glasses all around.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My step-dad.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My dogs! :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No...and I don't want one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail them, of course. And make them all by hand if I get the time and energy to do so!
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An electric sander. (I have a fear of sandpaper, kinda, and the gift wasn't really purchased for me, it was an extension of my husband's gift with my name on it.)
12. Favorite ChristmasMovie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I love that little green guy when his heart grows at the end of the movie.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Right before Halloween, I start keeping an eye open for good deals and possible presents.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can recall.
15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Squash and pinwheels. Usually I am the one that makes the pinwheels. I also love the deviled eggs that my mommy makes.
16. Lights on the tree? Definitely...multi-colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Um...Baby, it's Cold Outside.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? I have never traveled for Christmas because I like to be with my mom and she lives in the same town as me. I would like to try it once, though.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Either. I think we have an angel right now though.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That people can't just enjoy themselves. That everything is always such a to-do that no one slows down to realize that the holidays are about family first and foremost and not about the number of present you got or how much you spent.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have a tradition of buying one new ornament each every year and I love unwrapping all of them and remembering years past. The ornaments tell a story of what our interests were at that time. It's fun.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham. I love, love, love ham for the holidays!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want a laptop, a Nintendo DS with Brain Age game...and the ability to find a bit of happiness in the otherwise grief filled holiday season this year. It just won't be the same.
26. Favorite thing about Christmas? That I get to be with family and that I am passing on traditions to my children.
27. Favorite gift received as a child? 24 cans of Coca Cola and 3 tubes of cherry chapstick.
28. Favorite Christmas decoration in your house? The village that my kids have started collecting. Dear Hubby's grandparents always put up a village in their fake fireplace and we always had fun helping them to arrange it. Now my kids have their own collection and I can't wait to display it this year.
29. Best store to shop for Christmas gifts? Walmart and Target because of the variety of people you can buy for in one place.
30. Black Friday shopping...yes or no? Of course! What would Christmas be without the absolute exhilaration of swiping a toy out from under that mother holding her little girl in her arms? :)

This is kind of a MeMe. I would love to know how everyone would answer these questions themselves (I do LOVE getting to know everyone) so go ahead and copy them on over to your blog. Remember to link back to me and leave me a comment so that I can come check them out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to rent a big motel room, get all my blogger buddies together and celebrate Christmas with a bunch of Vega$ Bomb$ and wine.....oh wait... no... that was for New Years eve....sorry.. forget what I typed....

I've done both.. home and away for Christmas... home is much better..(home as in the Princess's home) ha ha .