- My 6 year old daughter can read. She just finished Kindergarten and we were afraid that she wasn't quite up to par on her learning and may not be ready for First Grade. This morning, she whips out this reading ability! Okay, she can only read some words, she still needs help, but she has the ability to sound out the words she doesn't know and she tries really hard and that is a little thing that makes me proud.
- My 7 year old son absolutely adores Presidents. We bought him a book about the presidents at a garage sale a few weekends ago (but forgot to actually give it to him--okay so we didn't forget, we just didn't empty out the Suburban until this last weekend!!!). He has latched onto it and won't let go since. He is reading it page by page, sounding out the words that are too big for his vocabulary and marveling at the pictures. That's a little thing that amazes me...my son has a penchant for politics.
- Since we are on the subject of reading...I am almost done with a new book. I joined one of those Book-of-the-Month clubs where they mail you the top book on your list. Well, I love the first one that I got. I sit and read for about 10 minutes in the morning as I eat my morning doughnut in the car and then again in the evening when I get home from work before I start dinner (or procrastinate long enought o order something in!). It's my relaxing time and it takes me to a place that is happier than here at the moment.
- My dear hubby cares enough to learn the art of Reflexology for me. He even practiced on me along with the instructional video last night. I don't expect him to do it often (as it requires more pressure than a regular massage and his hands won't stand for that) but it was sweet of him to want to learn.
- I am planning a girls trip out with four of my wonderful girl friends (if things fall into place). Everything is in the beginning stages right now but I am really looking forward to a few days of laughing, crying and acting silly with the best women on the planet.
Well, that upped my spirits for the day. I better get back to the grind for now.
Enjoy your little things!