Friday, April 25, 2008

Frogs, Snails.....and some spunk.

I am sitting here today not quite knowing what I want to blog about (which has been the case for like three days and that's why the same post has been up for that long). So I am having a bad day for a lot of reasons but one of the most prominent being that it is fucking cold outside! Where the hell is Spring already? I know that we live in BFE up here but seriously what is with the snow? Someone run down the hall and tell Mother Nature that Spring time means sunshine and flowers and not snow and freezing cold temperatures!!!

Okay, rant over.

I need something to make me smile today and I've already introduced you to one of my kids so how about the wackiness that is the other one? Bubba is my 7 year old not-so-little-anymore boy. He had a class musical program the other night where we learned beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is the Class Clown...not one of several but THE child that acts silly during everything. THE child that will one day knock down the backdrop in the middle of some school production...he almost did the other night.

Bubba was a "Manly Bug" (which was the music teachers way of making the boys be okay with being ladybugs). To start with, he had to have on black pants and a black shirt under his costume. They performed for the older kids during school that day and he kept on his black clothes when he went to daycare, thus proceeding to play in whatever dirt, grass and dry leaf pile he could find so that when I rushed over to pick him up to get him to the theater on time, his outfit now looked as if he were a dung beetle covered in "crap" instead of a pristine ladybug. I wiped him down as best I could and contemplated turning everything inside out but realized that we didn't even have moment one to spare.

We arrived at the theater where I spotted some seats that thankfully weren't way back in the boonies so that I could get good pictures (like the one on the left. My kid is the one on his knee pretending to shoot a bow and arrow in the front! and that's his teacher wondering what the hell she was doing giving my kid a stick!), however when I turned around I had, of course, lost the kids. After throwing my coat and purse and every other object down that I had brought in to save the seats that I needed for my family members, I tracked them down and promptly scolded them for running like wild banshees throught the whole place (apparently the other parents didn't care if their children were acting rude, but I did!). Anyway, fast forward to musical underway. Bubba had to act as if he were the only one on stage putting on the show. He climbed up on the rails on the top step of the bleachers they were positioned on and I gasped as he almost knocked down the backdrop. He twirled his stick (I guess it was supposed to be a cane) almost hitting the girl next to him. He played with his top hat the whole time and barely sang a word. He was, however, very polite in thanking the audience in as loud of a voice as possible as he traipsed off the stage at the end of the show...finally yelling "Good Night" to the whole of the place. He was a walking, talking embarrassment ...but I sat in the audience smiling from ear to ear because that was my kid up on that stage. That was my little baby boy "all growed up" and doing his very best to keep the audience entertained and that was what the musical was about in the first place. I love his spunk. Can't wait for the next time he is on stage. :)

He is one of my little things. My little man. My sensitive class clown that knows how to push every button I have until I explode with screaming. The little guy is so like me and he makes me proud to be his mama.

Keep an eye out for those little things...
...I saw a butterfly the other day on my lawn and it made me smile.

No comments: