Friday, January 30, 2009

working on the workings...

Remember on my list of 101 in 1001 how I mentioned that I need to make a pro and con list for my current employment to decide whether it's still worth it or not? Well, I no longer feel the need to do so because I have already made up my mind about it. A decision which you will just have to wait with baited breath to find out. However, recently CelticBuffy asked me an interview question that got me to thinking about this job situation.

If you could disregard money and the possible need for further education, what career would you choose for yourself and why?

I hate this question. Mostly because I don't really have a clue. Here's what I do know.

My dream job criteria would include:

  • Must challenge my mind on a daily basis and cause me to think outside of the box at times.
  • Must not be a self starter situation. I need someone to give me a list of things that need to be done with the exact times that they need to be done (taking into account that I suck at deadlines).
  • Must be inside of a building. Nothing involving the outdoors will do for me at all.
  • Must allow me to have a lunch break either inside or outside of the office where I can eat quickly and then read for a little bit to re-focus my energies for a little while.
  • Must allow me to wear clothing that I find to be comfortable. I don't necessarily need to wear blue jeans and T-shirts to work but no stuffy suits for me, please.
  • Must allow me to have co-workers that I can socialize with. I don't want to work with a bunch of guys that grunt as they pass by or girls that act like we are in high school. Just normal people that can hold up their end of a conversation and can at least pretend to care about what I say.
  • Allowing me to have my cell phone on is a definite plus since Dear Hubby texts me often and the kids school has that number in case of emergencies.
  • Should be something that can allow me to create something, organize something or otherwise bring something to fruition.
  • Should not included physical labor of any kind (except for walking to and from my car and maybe a copy room).

That job shouldn't be too hard to find, right? Ha Ha. We'll see when and if I need to go looking. :)

Thanks for the question CelticBuffy! I promise to get to the rest of them, too!

No comments: