Wednesday, January 28, 2009

To tide you over...and allow me some rest.

I know that I have been MIA. I kind of apologize but really, I am too damn tired for that nonsense. I just can't keep up.

I got back from my trip on Monday evening and had to work yesterday and today (as well as, tomorrow and Friday--what happened to a day or two to recover from vacation?). Last night I had a Girl Scout meeting and Miss Quiet wasn't in attendance because her grandma had a heart attack yesterday (thoughts are with you girl!) so I ran it myself. Wouldn't you know that all of my girls would be there and the meeting would be scheduled to be held with another troop. We made it through despite the case of the missing girl (that was solved) pretty much unscathed. And of course, to top that off, it was Tuesday which is a wrestling practice night so I had to arrange for someone to take Bubba for me.

Anyway...today you should be getting a recap of my trip, right? Um, no. Today, you will be getting this.

It was totally stolen from Amy who stole it from Kapgar.

And I will work on a recap of my awesome trip for tomorrow. I am dying to show you pictures of the best hotel bed I have ever had the opportunity to spend a mere four hours sleeping in. :)

Try Me

Bold = want to try; bold strikeout = done

1. Started my own blog (And here it is!)
2. Slept under the stars (while camping but never outside of a tent that I can recall)
3. Played in a band (I played a doumbek drum in a band called "Dunromi" for a couple of years)
4. Visited Hawaii (Would totally love to go)
5. Watched a meteor shower (Yep, took the kids outside of town where it was dark but didn't see a whole lot.)
6. Given more than I can afford to charity (Okay, maybe not more than I can afford but I do give quite generously a lot.)
7. Been to Disneyland/World (Been there, Done that...can't seem to find a picture.)
8. Climbed a mountain

P1030966


(We climbed that mountain for Bubba's Birthday this last year. It's actually a Butte but it was so far to walk!)











9. Held a praying mantis
10. Bungee jumped
11. Sung a solo (I sang a duet once, rather badly, and danced a solo but never really sung one.)
12. Visited Paris

16-Morning in Vegas009




((Okay so this isn't really in Paris. It's the Paris Hotel in Vegas and I didn't really even visit there, I just saw it while driving down the street. But it was beautiful!)








13. Watched lightning at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch (knitting on the Knifty Knitter, counted cross-stitch, scrapbooking, etc.)
15. Adopted a child
16. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
17. Had food poisoning
18. Grown my own vegetables (In my mom's garden and I tended my step-grandma's garden a lot when I was younger.)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (Totally wanted to do this today but couldn't bring myself to do it when I had so much stuff to catch up on.)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb (I fed over 100 bum lambs ever morning and night by bottle when I was younger.)
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset

P1030481

(Sunset while driving home from my sister's house last summer.)

31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise (Am planning on taking a Disney Cruise for a few days and then spending a few days at Disney World in a couple of years.)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (I adore waterfalls!)
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language (Am still working on the German thing!)
37. Had enough money to be satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing (but never climbed a rock wall)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (I did see a naked statue with a huge thingy while in Vegas though.)
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

9-Santa Monica Pier052

(After the sun went down, it got dark, and we stayed and hung out at the Pier so I kinda walked the beach in the moonlight.)

46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain (Yes, I have done this.)
53. Played in the mud (Don't really like to but have done it.)
54. Been in a movie (Almost was an extra once but I didn't think fast enough!)
55. Gone to a drive-in movie (Took my husband for the very first time not that long ago.)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China (My son would like to walk on it.)
57. Started a business (I have been self employed with two different companies now--Creative Memories and NatureRich.)
58. Taken a martial arts class (I am signing up for a Community Ed Women's Self-Defense class this summer.)
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies (Several times and guess what? It's Girl Scout Cookie Time! We start selling on February 6th!!!)

cookies_group
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason (My husband is good at this sometimes.)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (Don't do it anymore because it makes me sick when I do so Hubby would prefer that I didn't.)
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (I still have my blankie from when I was a kid and that was my favorite thing in the world.)
70. Pieced a quilt (Am still working on finishing up two that I started.)
71. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
72. Eaten caviar (EWWWWWW!)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (Is it possible that I sit behind House when I do this? Maybe? Please!)

house
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand-new car (I'll take a New Pontiac sports car please.)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper (I think I did for National Honor's Society once.)
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (Ew, ew, ew! I did this with chikens and hated every single moment of it!)
87. Visited the White House
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Met someone famous

7-Hollywood Ave.062
91. Sat on a jury
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one (If you don't know this you haven't been reading very well.)
94. Had a baby (Two of them actually.)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (Not big on swimming in lakes.)
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Been stung by a bee
99. Ridden an elephant (I think I did at a circus once.)
100. Owned a cell phone

No comments: