Thursday, November 6, 2008

A flurry of white...

Remember how yesterday I said it was snowing? Yeah. Well...that was a bit of an understatement! Check out the weather around my house today!

This is the scene at my front door at 6:45 this morning.



This is Teensy and Bubba playing in our backyard. We have a five foot chain link fence surrounding the back yard and the snow bank was taller than the fence!!!

My hubby, kids and I are sitting at home today just chillin. I have made homemade chicken noodle soup (totally from scratch!), hot cocoa, brownies and a strawberry smoothie. We have put in a new shelving unit and organized our board games and checked on an elderly neighbor. I took a very short nap after eating some lunch and watching Karate Kid II on tv. Amazingly the house is still clean and I even ventured outside into the blizzard conditions to play with the hubby and kids for a few minutes. I was sure I was missing out on the fun...but really I found I wasn't missing anything except frostbite on my face and snow in my boots! It's absolutely nuts here.

The kids just had brownies for their dinner and we ar about to play a game so I am going to get back at it. I just wanted to check in and make sure that I didn't miss a day of NaBloPoMo! I was worried this morning because I had no internet access!!!

Hope all of you in the blogosphere are keeping warm and toasty!

2 comments:

Major.Sunshine said...

Geeze Louise!! That's quite a flurry you got. Glad it's you and not me. We had our fair share last winter, but it came in the form of flat out power-busting ICE!!

Stay warm dear!!

Lady K said...

Thats one of the best photo's of Tenn! Love it! Looks like you guys had more fun than us! :)