Friday, October 31, 2008

A holiday inside a holiday...

100gold

OMG! OMG! OMG!

You are so totally not going to guess how many posts I have done!!!  Oh, you know?  Oh really?  How many then?  Did you say 100?  Oh.  Well. 

YOU'RE RIGHT!

This is my 100th post on this blog!  Really!  Can you believe it?  No?  Me neither!

And the coolest part is that this...my 100th post...is falling on none other than...

HALLOWEEN!!!

How fun is that?  I will always remember the day I wrote my 100th post because it fell on a holiday!  Woot, woot!

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, what can I do to make this...my 100th post...more fun?  How about talk about the fact that it is Halloween?  Yeah?  Okay.  :)

 

The Haunted House last night was solidly okay.  I didn't scream.  I yelled.  I cussed (a lot).  I just about threw my hands up and said "I'm done!" (which is what they tell you to do if it gets to be too much for you) when the monster that jumped out of a closed door pointed in the direction of a small opening in a fireplace instructing us to crawl through.  Um yeah.  I don't think so.  I looked at him and said "no".  He looked at me and nodded his bony skull.  I stared at him in disbelief and tried to remember what I was supposed to do to just get out.  Then, I was pulled in the direction of the fireplace and shoved through the opening at which time the air stopped making it through to my lungs.  I'm a bit claustrophobic, you see, and the thought of crawling through anything in a Haunted House makes my throat close up and my eyes bug out of my head.  Um, yeah.  There is something about not being able to crawl as fast as I can run that just freaks the shit out of me!  Yikes! 

But, I made it.  And that happened to be the very last room.  And I walked out a bit disappointed that it was over.  But I didn't pee my pants. 

All in all, it was a good experience.  Oh...and we scared the crap out of some teenaged girls in front of and behind us so that was fun!  :)

HH--me and kristi

Lady K and I--We don't look scared...but this is the before picture!

------------------------------------------------------

The kids are ready for Halloween tonight.  Here is what their costumes will look like...

P1040130 

                (Teensy as Ariel and me as a Pirate at the Girl Scout Party on Tuesday)

P1040113 

                           (Dear Hubby as Frankenstein and Bubba as the Grim Reaper

at the Boy Scout party on Monday.)

 Okay, well, time to get back to the daily grind.  Hope everyone has a

         Happy Halloween!

No comments: